Monday, August 6, 2012

It is my party hat

I love knitting items for charity especially baby clothes since they are fun, quick and perfect to try new techniques. I recently learned about the Click for Babies knitting campaign through Twisted Yarn shop.
The goal is to spread awareness about normal infant crying especially during the first five months.
I don't have a baby and quite frankly I am afraid to hold them until they are about 9 months. They are just so tiny and fragile yet adorable. I am the godmother to two sweet, funny and amazing boys.
Twisted  Yarn shop is collecting purple hats so I will be sending mine through the post office.
My goal is to make 6-8  and I want to get them done before August 20th. That's when classes start.
I am using "It is my party hat"  pattern designed by Emily Williams.
So far, I have 3 hats made. I ended up using the pattern as a basic recipe then added color and texture :)
 
Yarn: Jojoland tonic
Needle: US size 7
I added a tiny fair isle motif then 2 rows of seed stich



Yarn: Jojoland
Needle: US size 7
I added cables

Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock
 Colorway: HRH Crown Princess of Purple
Needle: US size 2



You can tell I love zinnias :)
3-5 more to go....

4 comments:

  1. Cute hats! I loooooove that dark purple color! Well, I am partial to purple...since it's my favorite color, and all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) I knew you were going to love that purple. Doesn't it remind you MUFE 92

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, yes...yes, it does! :-D

      Delete
    2. :) makeup and knitting might be kindred sisters...lol

      Delete