Sunday, September 23, 2012

A day in Chicago

Since my last post,something incredible happened.
A few months ago, one of my favorite yarn companies sent out a call for test knitters.
I signed up and waited..no response. Maybe their needs were fulfilled and I was too late?

To my surprise, I received an email towards the end of August asking me if I was still interested to test knit for them. Of course!!!
I've been busy knitting every chance I get in order to finish my assignment  on time. At some point, I started freaking out...will I make the deadline?
Thank god I did! I can't wait to share more details as soon as we are allowed to :)

In the meantime, I was in Chicago yesterday for a day trip.
I love Chicago and usually go there 2-3 times a year.
This time, I made sure to visit a yarn store and I went to Loopy yarns since I was around the area.
Everyone was very friendly and allowed  me to take pictures of the store :)


 I really want to make this Crochet Chain reaction afghan



Downstairs 





I LOVED the store! I just felt like a kid in a candy store. So many yarn choices especially sock yarn.
I had the opportunity to look closely at  Miss Babs, MadTosh, Lorna Lace etc.
My haul included some MadTosh, local yarn and Miss Babs :)

1 comment:

  1. That would've even made me buy some yarn. I'm becoming more and more inspired to start knitting!

    ReplyDelete