Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One square at a time

Knitting reminds me that a small gesture can truly make a difference. Lately I've been knitting squares for two wonderful projects.
The first one is Knitters for Newtown to bring some comfort, love and healing to the families affected by the tragedy in Newtown, CT.

Pattern: Newtown Log cabin by Abigail Horsfall
Yarn: Berroco Vintage

The second project is Bertie's Blankets . Sam is accepting squares that she will put together into a blanket in memory of her father.


Pattern: Kraft-tanken-patches by Janina Bottger
Yarns: Three Irish Girl and Malabrigo Sock yarn (Ochre)

3 comments:

  1. I looooove Bertie square. There's just something about the tannish brown and the coral and white that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...it clearly says "Ochre" Woops. My fault, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much for your help. These blankets are thoroughly appreciated by hospice patients. Xxx sam

    ReplyDelete