Thursday, April 28, 2016

Accomplished

Accomplished!!
That's how I felt when I finished this blanket!!!
Simply in awe and accomplished!

Sky Ladder blanket designed by Anne Hanson
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale DK in "Port Nellie Juan" colorway
 
Bought the yarn in May 2013
I just felt in love with that blue!!


Casted on: June 20th 2013
The blanket traveled with me back and forth from Indiana to Boston and New York.
Each time I traveled to Boston for the past three years, I brought it with me, working on it at my favorite coffee shops in Cambridge and Beacon Hill.

As I celebrated 2016 there, I was working on the last repeat and looking forward to binding it off, a year of fun knitting and a possible relocation.
Well....I haven't knitted much in 2016...and I am not relocating either.

I did finish a pair of socks that I was test knitting for SweetGeorgia Yarns.
I loved the pattern and the yarn.....I need more of that in my stash!!
Pattern: Prismatic by Tabetha Hedrick
Yarn: Bare Naked Wools Breakfast Blend Fingering, colorway Oatmeal
 
 
 

When I finished the blanket, I couldn't believe it......after almost 3 years on the needles, it is done!!!!!

As I am wrapping the semester and accepting a new path, I am looking forward to more knitting but most importantly a slower and peaceful pace!!!

For the first time in weeks I am finally knitting!!!!!!!!!!!
I am currently knitting a blanket as it is the kind of project that always brings me joy.


Happy spring!
daffodils from my community garden plot

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see you posting again!!! So very! I can't wait for the semester to be over and hear all about your plans for the future. That blanket is amazing and the blue is so vibrant. You make the best yarn choices ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicky for always encouraging me!! You are amazing!! Me too!!!!! I can't wait to just have more peace and a slow pace!!! Thank you as always for your kind words and support!!

    ReplyDelete